13 May 2015

The Motherhood Project :: Part 1

I love to photograph our kids. In high school i developed a love for photography, and since adding these little ones to our family my passion for capturing their childhood has only grown! I am thankful to have met a network of female photographers through Clickin Moms that has helped inspire and educate me in my photography journey.

This month i set out to document motherhood. Life is busy around here, and it isn't often i think to get in the shot, or have time to pull out the tripod. But i love this calling of motherhood, God has given me and want to remember the little years. 

Here you can see mom as present but not fully seen. I love this. It's often how i see myself in their lives and a great reflection of 'rasing up a child in the way they should go'. I also have been collecting images where mom is 'fully present', so stay tuned for Part 2!


"I believe that if moms understood how strategic their roles were in this battle for the hearts and minds of the next generation, they would grow in excitement about this great job God created them to fulfill.” 
- Sally Clarkson


"Sooner or later well all quote our mothers."
- Bern Williams


"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God, might not be something you do, but someone you raise." - Andy Stanley


"Children are not a distraction from more important work. 
They are the most important work."
- CS Lewis


"And she loved a boy very, very much - even more than she loved herself." 




As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen. 
- A.A. Milne {Winnie the Pooh} 


I've discovered that this act of mothering is my worship to Him right now. Dying to self and delighting in them. There is failure (and yes, it is messy and sloppy sometimes), yet forgiveness and grace and growing. 
- Lovelynn Palm


Do small things with great love.


Motherhood: shower, hair & makeup in less than 10 minutes (with an audience)!


"There are moments that i know that i will long for, even as i live them." 
- Judith Katzir


"Take it all one day at a time... and enjoy the journey." 
- Kristi Bartlett

2 comments:

Tyler and Melinda said...

Your photos are great, Krista. It takes some work to get into those photos with them, but so valuable. I love looking back on photos of my parents when I was little and know now that my boys will, too.

Krista said...

Thanks Melinda... ya it's definitely work, but worth it! Was just thinking about you the other day!