25 Nov 2014

Head and shoulders, knees and toes






Head, shoulders, knees, and toes, knees and toes.
Head, shoulders, knees, and toes, knees and toes.
And eyes and ears and mouth and nose.
Head, shoulders, knees, and toes, knees and toes.

I love how our big boy is learning so much, so quickly, every day. He goes to Polish preschool and comes home telling me how he made a big domek (house), and how the kids zabrali mu zabawki (took away toys), and how he ate zupa (soup). I love it! I think he learned this song in his English lesson. I think he'll pretty much rock his English classes throughout school... it's funny to me that his 'foreign language' is his native tongue but his everyday language is his parents second language. It comes so easy to him! Oh for the day he starts correcting our grammar! He loves to dance and sing in Polish. So thankful that our boys are growing up bilingual.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Krista!
I think it's great that all your kids will be bilingual. I'm reading a book about bilingualism at the moment.Unfortunately, it's so hard to do that when you're a Polish in Poland. I try to speak to my kids in English when we play but sometimes I am tired and all that comes out are just Polish words. Theoretically, I know how important it is for the kids to know two languages from the very beginning but practically, it's so hard to do that...

Do you have any good tips? :)

Best regards,

Krista said...

hi there,
a lot of my polish friends who speak really good English tell me the watched English shows as kids. We do that in Polish too... actually our kids will watch bajki/cartoons in German or Italian... or Japanese as long as they like the show! I think it's a good idea to have "english time" when i leave the house i speak to our kids in Polish, on the bus and at the park/pool... and also trying to read them English kids books :)