* Chicken *
2. Chicken Taco Soup (Crock Pot) - a great, easy, tasty crock pot meal! the chicken cooks on top of the mixture and you shread it after it's cooked before you serve. it's kind of like chili... it's great topped with sour cream and chives!
3. Thai Cashew Chicken - love this dish! the key is in the marinade which uses some unique ingredients but well worth it! I've had several people ask how to make this.
* Beef *
1. Ranch Burgers - easy to get in the US, not so easy here... so we make our own burgers (and burger buns) would be great on a grill, but we also use a frying pan.
2. Homemade Spaghetti & Lasagne Combo - i LOVE this recipe. it's great to make a double batch and have both spaghetti and lasagne in one week, or freeze the lasagne to use later! (coming soon)
* Pork *
1. Barbecue Ribs (Slow Cooker) - i also add 'liquid smoke' to the recipe and it's delightful! great with baked or garlic mashed potatoes and a salad.
2. Grilled Pork Tenderloins - soooo good. this marinade is amazing. it is best on the grill but also works in the oven. we like a size of asparagus if they're in season! it also goes good with rice.
* Fish *
2. Tosca’s Keep-It-Tight Tilapia - simple rub that is yummy. i love cooking fish in the oven (it keeps the house from smelling too fishy)
3. Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa - this mango salsa rocks! the mixture of flavours are like a party in your mouth. a little extra work to collect the ingredients but well worth it! this is a great entertaining dish. goes great with rice.
* Vegetarian *
1. brocolli & tortellini cheese casserole - love this casserole. you can also use meat tortellini, but we like cheese. the sauce is super yummy and after making it a few times, it's becomes easier to make.
* Soups *
1. Disney Loaded Baked Potato Soup - our #1 soup recipe. we love it in homemade bread bowls! great with cheese, bacon bits & chives on top!
2. Barefoot Contessa's Winter Minestrone - a great winter soup i just discovered. i used bacon instead of the meat they suggest in the recipe (we love bacon!) and i also used 1/2 white beans and 1/2 chick peas. great flavour!
3. Mom's Ukrainian Borscht - my favourite childhood food and i still love it!
What are your family favourites?!? I'd love to see Pintrest links or other recipe links in the comments! We're always looking for something new to try :)
* other fun recipe sites *milk canada