19 Jul 2011

Around Town in Krakow :: Old Town Square

I absolutely LOVE living in Krakow. What a blessing it is to be surrounded by history and beauty as Ben studies the Polish language. I am eager to show you the places we walk, and shop and live life... so i decided to add a new element to my blog called, Around Town in Krakow.

Yesterday I was at the fruit&vegetable market. It is one of my very favourite places, full of colour, sounds, unique people and it is truly Polish. It's like this remnant of the 'old days' and yet still is going strong today. I really want to show you what it looks like, but thought it would be doing you an injustice to not first show you the Old Town Square or 'Stary Rynek'.

The Old Town Square is the very center of town, geographically as well as socially. It is one of the largest medieval town square's in Europe (200m x 200m) and some of it's main features are the Cloth Hall (Sukiennice), the St. Mary's Bascillica (Kościół Mariacki) and the Town Hall Tower (Wieża ratuszowa). Stay tuned for details of these beauties in the future.










1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! And great photos, makes me feel a little bit closer to home! X