20 Apr 2011

.enough.


With so many uncertainties ahead my heart can be quick to fear. Where will we live? Who will be our neighbours... our friends? What exactly will life look for us in Poland?

I have found that these are good days to drink deep of God's word and his promises...

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
[Jeremiah 29.11]

~ somehow i thought in high school this promise was for me. God knew what was ahead and i could trust him for it. Then somehow as a single, i though this promise was for me. God knew who my future husband would be and i could trust his heart towards me was good. Now somehow as a married woman and a new mom i still need this promise of God's father heart towards me! How good it is to know and to believe in faith that he has a hope and a future for me and my family!

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
{Matthew 6.33-34}

~ whenever i start to worry i remember that God tells us not to worry... especially about tomorrow and what it will hold. Having a newborn is teaching me that 'today has enough trouble of it's own' and taking some of the planner out of me. God always gives me strength for today. And i know he will give me strength tomorrow when i need it. and wisdom. and food. and friends. and life... because He is good.

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
(Ephesians 2.10)

~ what an amazing thing that we are co-workers with Christ, that he would choose to use us to bring forth the greatest message for all eternity! We are not saved or counted worthy for our good works, but God has created good works for us in advance for us to do! i am thankful that God hasn't left us on the earth without a mission!

0 comments: