12 Jan 2011

transforming power

These verses really spoke to my spirit tonight...

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind... [oh, how i need to be in His word... to believe His truth... that my mind would be full of His thoughts...]

Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will... [you mean it matters more what YOU think God, than anyone else on the face of this planet?! And that Your word, transforming My mind will lead and guide me in Your will...]

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought... [Paul, do you really mean that?... consider all things garbage?... really? i mean you were on the A-Team, the highest educated, the most qualified, i mean you would have been the valedictorian... 'whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage...']

... but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. [so it's faith that matters... ]

For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function...
[what do your truth, humility and variety have in common...? ]

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Ps. 139.17

Above verse: Romans 12.2-4

0 comments: