10 Oct 2009

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!


What a year it has been! I feel like the Lord has lavished his blessings on me this year.
Yet I know there will be years that are hard, and even yet I want to praise Him and thank Him, because He is good.

As I was reflecting on his goodness, and looking through the scriptures, I came across these verses...

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. [1 Chronicles 16:34 & Psalm 106.1]

... we are to thank the Lord for his goodness... he alone is good and dwells in unapproachable light... 'why do you call me good?' Jesus asked the Rich Young man... 'God alone is good'... to know a love that endures forever is beyond the comprehension of the finite human mind. But if our love 'ends' and his 'never ends' that must be really, really good.

Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done. [1 Chronicles 16:8 & Psalm 105.1]

... thanking the Lord and making known what He has done among the nations are tied together in this verse... God's grace to me, in redeeming me... God's grace available for others, in redeeming them... oh that the nations would know that He alone is God.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5.16-18

Not everything has been good this year but we are to give thanks in all circumstances... that's his will for us... when i thank God for even the smallest thing, i am reminded that I am a recipient of grace and that life is not all that bad, even when it seems like it is. It changes my attitude, instead of demanding of God, I become full of gratitude.

1 comments:

Tyler and Melinda said...

Thanks for sharing these great verses! Happy Thanksgiving to you. We celebrated tonight with some homemade pumpkin pie.