26 Sep 2009

98 days...


It hit me the other day, in 100 days i will have a husband! Quite an amazing thing the Lord has done in my life. I am excited to begin this new phase of life called marriage.

As i study God's word, i have encountered time and time again a nation who was faithless... they turned away from the Lord who loved them and wanted the best for them. They wanted to be like other nations and so they asked for a king. But... it was never God's desire for Israel to have a king. He gave them one because they asked for one.

But when they said, "Give us a king to lead us," this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD. And the LORD told him: "Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. 1 Samuel 8.6-8

How sad God's heart must have been. Now I don't believe that marriage is the same thing, but I want God always as the king of my heart. And as I enter into this new phase of life called marriage, I want to remember that ultimately God is my provider, my husband. What a joy to know that even as we walk into marriage, that it is God who holds our hearts, our lives, our futures in His hand.

So as Ben and I enter into covenant relationship with one another, what a blessing it is that he will not replace the Lord's role in my life and place in my heart, rather become my fellow traveler, my best friend and my partner in crime. I can hardly wait!

1 comments:

Tyler and Melinda said...

That's awesome Krista. You will need to come back to this post from time to time and read it again. I know there have been times in marriage when I have had expectations of my husband and since he's not perfect he has failed to meet them (most of them unrealistic I might add). It was often in these times that I was reminded that my first love, my husband Christ is perfect and can and will be all that I need. He is more than sufficient!