10 May 2009

Going to Visit...


Since I graduated college and parted ways with some dear friends there is one thing I love doing when I have the chance... going to visit them in their new homes. Long distance communication is wonderful in our day, however nothing can beat seeing their front yard, the kitchen, the couch, their kids rooms... knowing that when they give their children a bath or take them out for a walk what their world looks like. I love the way it gives substance to our relationship and context to our conversations...

Today I get on a plane for Israel and it struck me... in the same way, I am going to visit God's home on earth! I will get to see where Jesus walked, in Jerusalem, the synagogue from which he preached, the place that He calmed the storm and fed the five thousand! Jesus is my best friend - what a privilege it is to go and see his home! As much as people make pilgrimages to places of religious dead people to be 'closer to God' I realize that Jesus is not there... I will not visit His body in the grave - He is Risen! I can't wait for the sights and sounds that await us!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

Heidi