20 Feb 2009

A Woman of Noble Character Who Can Find?



Today the Lord brought to mind the proverbs 31 woman... it's been a long time since i've looked at that passage and just got me to thinking, "Am I continually becoming more of the woman that God wants me to be?" Realizing again yesterday that spiritual maturity doesn't come with years, and character is not refined simply by the passing of time or the ticking of the second hand on the clock.

... She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.


Lord make me more like you with every passing hour. In my old age make me a blessing to others and a breath of blessing and fresh air. Show me the thing you long to chisel away as you mold me in making me more like your son, and the things that need to burn to refine my soul.


0 comments: