6 Feb 2009

Satan & Scripture

(photo: Greg Strock)

As i was studying Matthew 4 this morning, i realized something...
Satan can quote scripture.

I read in a commentary that, "the devil’s quotation from Ps. 91:11-12 was quite accurate, but even a correct quotation of Scripture can be misapplied.

The thought hit me for my life and other Christians...
"Satan can quote scripture, can you?"

Here are the 2 texts compared... he gets it pretty close!

Matthew 4.6 (Satan's quote) For it is written...

'He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'

Psalm 91.11-12

For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

Lord, help me to be disciplined in knowing your word -
that it may bring life to others around me.

0 comments: