27 Dec 2008

White Winter Wonderland


Friends, family, community. I love Christmas for the snow, for the cookies, for the opportunity to play in the snow, build snowmen, go snowboarding, reconnect with old friends and spend quality time with family over board games. And at the center of it all is Jesus. I've realized this Christmas how easy it is easier to look spiritual and much harder to be spiritual... that who i am at Christmas is really just a continuation of the 364 other days of the year.

But as winter continues and soon melts into spring it is my goal to have Jesus as the center... to sit with him, hear from him, be transformed by him. I love how Christmas isn't Christmas without Christ and life isn't life without him either.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Jn 14.6

"You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life." Jn 5.39-40

0 comments: