2 Apr 2008

a few thoughts on discipleship...



Sometimes when i think about Jesus i wonder what it looked like as he was 'making disciples'... Did he sit in a room and just talk with them all the time? If I'm really honest with myself i think that i have a boring picture of Jesus... and yet i think that is the farthest thing from the truth about who Christ is. I think maybe his disciples learned just as much from what Jesus did as what he said. Because if you say something but then you don't do it... well you are just a phony with a lot of lip service.

Last week i went to a mountain town called Zakopane with Majka, to check out the place we will have summer camp this year. Because there was still snow we decided to hit the slopes as well and snowboard for a few hours. I really enjoy Majka. I enjoy talking with her, and spending time with her. Somehow i think in the process of just doing life together, with the purpose of knowing God and telling other about him, we are both becoming more like Jesus. I think if Jesus were still around that is how I would want him to 'disciple me'... by showing me how to really live for His glory and talking to me about it too...

0 comments: