16 Apr 2007

Restoration













res·to·ra·tion /

a return of something to a former, original, normal, or unimpaired condition.

He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." Revelation 21.5


My friend Laura recently shared this verse with me...

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
(1 Peter 5.10)

And the truth of this verse really moved Laura, and i would say that i am experiencing the truth of it in my life recently. The truth is I have suffered for a little while, the past 6 months have been painful in several ways. But what an awesome promise that we have that GOD himself with restore us and make us strong. It is interesting to me that He promises to restore us, but only after we have suffered for a little while. That God has his purposes in suffering. I feel like i am only beginning to learn them.

It also gives me greatly hope for the people in my life that have had to suffer or are in the process of suffering pretty significant things... that GOD soon will restore them. Restoration is a beautiful thing, in Revelation God said that He was making all things new. Randy Alcorn in his book heaven believes that in heaven we will live in a restored world. How amazing that will be! I can't wait.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Krista, I finally went on your website... and then there was even something about me! How glad I am that God is speaking to you AND restoring you... so beautifully, I must say!