5 Dec 2006

The world in which i live...

It struck me again that the world in which i live is quite unique... it has simply become the norm for me, but a normal Canadian would perhaps not think so...
Here is a glimpse into that strange normality...
  • today i was shopping online for a German board game, navigating German websites... who does online shopping in a language they don't know?!!
  • at home i constantly switch between English and Polish...
  • some of my closest friends are Ukrainian, Polish or Belarussian...
  • i spent Thanksgiving in the Czech Republic with a bunch of American kids who sang in about 5 different languages
  • as I drive on the highway near my home I almost daily pass signs to Oswiecim (the polish name for the city Auschwitz)
  • i paid 50$ for a return ticket to Rome for a womens conference!

1 comments:

Kurt Davis said...

Who ever said there was such a thing as a normal Canadian? Enjoy your uniqueness as a Canadian that you can accept and embrace God's people wherever they may be.

Dad