30 Jun 2006

I do believe, but help me not to doubt!














Sports...
the Love of God...
Changed Lives...


What an amazing week I had at FCA camp. The thing that hit me most is how foreign it is for me to see the Spirit work in overwhelming ways in saving souls. The second night the speaker presented the gospel and over 100 kids responded to this NFL player who told them that Christ Jesus is the way the truth and in Him alone is there life.

The truth is it was hard for me to accept. Right away my heart doubted. Doubted their sincerity, their understanding, their response. Living in Poland we just don't see that. But as i drove home i was flooded with memories from my time in Peru 8 years ago, where daily hundreds of people responded to the gospel.

And i realized that it was real. Those kids did respond- time will tell what their lives and commitment to Christ look like. But when i responded to the Holy Spirit i was far from understanding everything that would mean for me. But there was one thing that was true, he had CAPTIVATED me with His LOVE and nothing in these past 18 years has been able to alter that.

That's my prayer for those kids too, that they would simply be captivated, that they would grow into full and complete surrender to Christ.

2 comments:

Sarha said...

Krista,

Thank you for sharing your heart and thoughts on here. Someone told me a few months ago that you had a blog and I was excited to be able to keep caught up on your life and all that God is doing in and through you. God bless you Krista!!!

Sarha :-)

Emily said...

I love this post so much. I am truly challenged by your love for communicating the Gospel, Krista. I'm so glad we were able to catch each other as you were passing through on your way back to Canada.