20 May 2006

No Place Like Home?

Driving to my best friend Natalie's home in my red sunfire, part of me feels like i have never left Canada. How easy it seems to fit back into life here, like i haven't missed a step. Yet something has changed. Somehow i am not the same.

Canada is beautiful. I love life here. Yet there is part of me that is missing Poland already, after 3 days... I miss searching for storks nests as i travel through small village towns and the cars that race by me on those narrow polish roads. And the little baby fiats that putt putt along, which make me want to laugh and cry at the same time... with people stuffed in like a clown parade, yet at the same time bringing thoughts of what life must have been like under communist rule.

Polska, ukradlas moje serce...

0 comments: