7 Apr 2006

Toilet Plunging Skills

I have to admit i never quite realized that plunging a toilet required skill. In retrospect it seems quite an important skill to possess...

So this morning after about a day of our toilet being plugged i bought my second toilet plunger. The first one is definitely Polish made - it is pink and white and possesses absolutely no 'suction' within it's structure. In my opinion the company who made it should be fired- or go out of business... since it wasn't quite getting the job done i bought another one. It looks a little more sturdy and after testing it out on the floor of the grocery store, I figured it should do the job.

So i get home and get to work. Simply put, that a nasty job... trying to unplug a toilet full of well.... you know what... and toilet paper and GROSS. Anyways i can't figure out how to use the stupid thing. I don't know whether to blame it on the structure of my toilet, which yes is european and weird. Or just straight up admit i have no toilet plunging skills. It got me to thinking that they should teach that in school. They teach money counting and time telling and all those other important life skills... but what about toilet plunging?!?!?!... it seems a VERY important life skill... at least today, because i can't use my toilet. And you know the human organism... doesn't just stop for these type of events....

Luckily my dad is in Poland right now. So i'm going to go call him and ask him to come over and plunge my toilet. Maybe i should ask for a lesson in toilet plunging while he's here...

2 comments:

Emily said...

Okay, 2 comments. One, remember what happened on our way from Colorado to Wyoming? 'The' Bathroom incident? I think you do. Enough said. Second thing: Jessi Farley and Julie Alessi have pictures (yes, plural) of me rockin' out to a Steve Miller Band song while simultaneously plunging our apartment toilet. I think you might like to see that someday. Yeah. Sorry for your crappy luck with the toilet! (Ha!) :)

Kurt Davis said...

Hey kid, your old dad still knows a thing or two. After a couple of quick flicks of the wrist -- the tacky Polish plunger clears the way! Only to bung up again on almost a daily basis !

Looks like your plumbing is borderline dear -- aren't you glad you live on the top floor!

Sorry to have to leave you to you on your own, but I think you got the hang of it. Good luck on your future plumbing challenges -- I think you may need it! Oh yeah -- prayer won't hurt either!

Dad