12 Jan 2006

The Lion, the Witch and the Stary Szafa...

Well i was glad tonight to see CS Lewis' classic in English... it's a kids movie and almost always they are dubbed (seeing as polish kids much like english kids, often cannot yet read...)

I really liked the movie. They did a good job at creating Narnia, my first thought was, "hey! that's Canada!" with all the snow and like... and then enter beavers :) but the beavers really were one of my favourite parts. they remind me of ukrainians- very hospitable. And then there was Aslan. I think the movie did more for the character of God than that other one full of blood that was pumped up a few years ago. Mostly i like the humility and quietness with which He gave up his life for Edmund. The vividness of the humiliation as he was shaved and ridiculed and killed made me cry.

There's a lot going on inside my head right now. And i feel like i'm constantly fighting a battle. It's okay as long as i keep going to the source for strength.

0 comments: