18 Jan 2006

About A Girl

A girl came over last night for our Life Club. I think she wasn't really sure what that meant but she met us through a friend. She ended up being the only girl there because of exams. Her story is sad. She got kicked out of school about 2 weeks ago. So she wants to move to England, like every young person in Poland. It's funny and sad at the same time, for some reason young Poles think that the answer to all of life's difficulties lives in England. So they go there to find them.

Anyways she said a few intersting things which got me to thinking... not everybody is like me.
--------------------------------------------------------
"I don't read books about God. This is going to be interesting."
--------------------------------------------------------
She wasn't saying it to be mean. Just to be factual. She doesn't read books about God. But she did last night for a short half hour. At the end she asked if she could take that book home with her.
---------------------------------------------------------

"I pray to God's mother. And she listens to me."

---------------------------------------------------------
Said with great conviction accompanied by a story how she knew that God's mother heard her prayer and answered her. It amazes me how we often do things in our life that have no basis of truth.

--------------------------------------------------------
"I don't acknowledge the church. I acknowledge God, but not the church. Because i see God is real in nature."
--------------------------------------------------------
That also struck me. It didn't really bother me that she could care less for the church- the religious organization i could care less for myself. And interesting that she doesn't deny the existence of God, from what she's seen. The good book says something about that.

0 comments: