1 Jun 2005

Though there's pain in the offering...

Have you ever thought about how Jesus was betrayed by a friend, and how much that must have hurt. It wasn't a complete stranger who turned him in to the authorities, but Judas, one of the 12 he had spent the majority of his earthly life with. Just think of how they spent time fishing together and eating together and just doing life together. They must have had a lot of good times together- i imagined they laughed quite a bit. But then came the bitter moment (which Jesus knew was coming all along). And he was betrayed by the kiss of a friend.

I am glad that Jesus knows the pain we experience here on earth. Some how it helps me to trust him more. That what he says is really true. Like somehow he can relate to my pain too.

David knew the pain of betrayal all too well too, when he wrote Psalm 55.

If an enemy were insulting me, I could endure it;
if a foe were raising himself against me, I could hide from him.
But it is you, a man like myself, my companion, my close friend,
with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship
as we walked with the throng at the house of God.

I am glad God is a faithful God. That he is unchanging. I know I can trust Him. I am learning so much in these days about how He wants to shape me and mold me ...and how He is not through with me yet.

0 comments: