This week our little guy turned 2!!! Since we live in Krakow, Poland (where there is a legend of a dragon that lives in the castle) we decided to throw him a knight & dragon themed birthday party! It worked out perfectly since he recently started watching Mike the Knight and thinks knights (and dragons - raar!) are pretty cool.
Pinterest is my friend when it comes to kids birthday party ideas! That's where i found this really awesome idea for a dragon cake, and the idea for the little knight graphic. I was able to buy the little knight file directly from Meylah (the original creator) for just $3 and then put my amateur photo shop skills to work! A quick amazon search brought up this really cool little knight helmet and we got some swords from the dollar store to go along with it! We also have a little dragon costume for his little brother left over from the Parade of Dragons here in Krakow last year!
I made these fun little dragons/dinosaurs (do toddlers really know the difference?!) they both say "Rawr!" which was the name of the pattern i got the inspiration from. I love how they turned out! I made both girl & boy dinosaurs.
Oh, and here is the party invitation:
Here are some links to things we used for the party:
- Dragon Birthday Cake Idea from Disney (spoonful.com)
- Knight Helmet - Amazon (possibly the best $7 i spent!)
- Foam Swords - Dollar Store
- Inflatable Dragon - Amazon
- Little Knights Graphic File - Meylah
- Little Knights Party Pack (if you don't want to spend the time to make your own) - Etsy
- Happy Birthday Banner - catchmyparty.com (free printable! i made this last year)
- Rawr Party Favours - see kate sew
- Little Dragon Costume (we already had this)
Gift for our Little Knight:
- Fisher-Price Little People Play 'n Go Castle - what a great 2year old boy gift! it even has a catapult!
- Noisy Knights Board Book - our little guy LOVES this... mostly the buttons that make knight noises.
- The Squire and the Scroll - for a bit older than toddler, but love the truths this book shares about protecting your heart from evil. can't wait until he's a little older and we can enjoy it together!
We love having people over, so our son's birthday parties are perfect opportunities to both celebrate their lives and enjoy having friends over. Baking, sewing, graphic design and photography are some of my passions, so this was a really fun opportunity for me to tie them all together and celebrate the 2 years of life that God has given us with Lucas! How thankful we are for him and how our hearts hope that he will grow to be a true knight that serves the King of Kings!
ps. check out this book for raising boys :]
Raising a Modern Day Knight (Robert Lewis)