After my encounter with "Happy Holidays Mr. Grumpfish" i set out to find some videos that would teach our kids the true meaning of Christmas. The life of Christ is a treasure to me and my family. We love Christmas and the deep meaning of God taking the form of man to save us from our sins. We love how he has redeemed what was broken in us how he came once, and will come again!
"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14
"... that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 5:19-20
Here are some of the videos i found that i'm looking at getting this year...
1. The Little Drummer Boy :: VeggieTales
- Junior Asparagus stars as The Little Drummer Boy, a lonely child who finds the true meaning of Christmas when he stumbles upon the birth of the baby Jesus. A story of generosity, hope and love, this timeless tale will warm the hearts of children everywhere!
2. The Star of Christmas :: VeggieTales
- Set in Victorian England, Cavis and Millward learn that a local church plans to bring out a priceless artifact for their meager holiday-themed play. They panic and try to steal the precious Star of Christmas and in the end they learn their lesson and discover the meaning of Christmas.
3. What's in the Bible? Why do we call it Christmas?
- I am probably the most excited about this one! It's a new series by the original creator of Veggie Tales, Phil Vischer.
Cutting down trees? Hanging stockings? Santa Claus? What do any of these have to do with Jesus' birthday? More than you'd think! Join newsman Buck Denver and all his friends on an amazing journey into the world's most popular holiday! Sure, you know the Christmas story. But do you know the story of Christmas? Don't miss the whimsical, educational, Christmical party to end all Christmas parties as Buck Denver Asks … Why Do We Call It Christmas?
You can order the DVD ($14.99) or buy the Digital Download ($12.99) If this is as good as it looks i may even looking into getting the whole series! Looks like a great way to teach our kids about the bible!
What video's do you and your little ones watch at Christmas? Are there any you would recommend for pre-schoolers?